Mayfield Athletics CEO & Founder, Justin Summerville, had an idea to make the game of football safer for every player. And so, in 2014, he set out to make a difference!
WE ARE S.A.F.E.CLIP
S.A.F.E.Clip is the latest advancement in facemask clip design to replace standard clips installed on a helmet at the factory or refurbisher. As scientifically proven at various third-party, accredited laboratories across the country, S.A.F.E.Clip effectively reduces impact by up to 35% (even more since these videos were produced!).
Regardless of your age, size, or athletic ability, S.A.F.E.Clip is designed to fit almost every helmet and facemask combination on the market today. We have spent years designing, engineering, and testing S.A.F.E.Clip to fulfill our promise to help make football a safer game for all.
- Patent Filed for “Shock Absorbing Football Equipment”
- First 3D Prototypes Created
- Gen 1 Prototype Produced
- Device Named S.A.F.E.Clip (Shock Absorbing Football Equipment)
- Gen 2 & Gen 3 Produced
- First Functional Prototypes Produced
- NOCSAE Standards Testing Begins
- Initial Results Reflect Reduction of Impact at 25%
- S.A.F.E.Clip Completes 5 Additional Rounds of Testing
- Gen 4 S.A.F.E.Clip Produced & Tested
- Testing Shows Consistent 20%+ Reduction in Force
- S.A.F.E.Clip Attends First Convention to Pitch Product
- SAFEClip gains fully pantented status. (P#9750298B2)
- Hobart Mayfield Officially Rebrands to Mayfield Athletics
- Gen 5 S.A.F.E.Clip is Built w/ Drastic Cosmetic Improvements, Color Options, & Hardward Options
- S.A.F.E.Clip Gains Endorsement From MHSFCA
- 7th & 8th Rounds of Testing Take Place
- S.A.F.E.Clip Begins Distributing to Consumers
PROUD S.A.F.E.CLIP TEST SITES & KEY ENDORSEMENTS
In 2006, Zack Lystedt took one hit to his helmet – that changed his life forever. Our goal is to significantly reduce the risk of permanent brain injury due to football g-force impact.
Commitment to Community
We believe in making the game safer for ALL football players. That’s why we work with non-profit organizations, such as Methodist Home, to provide S.A.F.E.Clips for their youth teams. Do you have an initiative you would like for us to know about? We would love to hear from you!